Tuesday, July 3, 2012

About Michele

I was raised in a wonderful Christian environment where my parents served as outstanding ambassadors for Christ. I married my high school sweetheart and we will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in December 2012. We have five great children and, in 2011, we added two precious in-laws to the group.  I was raised in a Baptist environment but, when meeting and later marrying my cherished Catholic husband, I converted to Catholicism. This has enabled our family to worship as a unified household—something that has much value to me. I find myself blessed to have had the opportunity to experience Christ’s Spirit, alive and vibrant in both the Protestant and Catholic worlds.


 I’ve spent many years attending church and it is an important and meaningful part of my life; however my passion for Christ took on new meaning during 2009-10.  My oldest son gave my husband an easy- to- read version of the Bible for his birthday.  One of my lifelong goals was to read the Bible all the way through, so my plan was to finish it in one year and place it in my arsenal of accomplishments. My initial sophisticated and arrogant approach slowly changed throughout this one year process from Genesis to Revelation.  I couldn’t believe that I spent all of my years overlooking the greatest treasure of all, the Bible. Since that time, I have been unable to get enough of the scriptures. After a number of marvelous Bible studies, I decided to go back to school and work on my master’s degree in Theology.


This is where Eileen and I met. Before getting together, we were classmates in an online Theology class; a class in which I was clearly in over my head.  One day Eileen posted a note inviting any interested classmates to join a study group for lunch.  My undergraduate degree in art had not prepared me for the grind of Grad school, so any chance to meet others in the same perplexing situation sounded like a great opportunity. Some very interesting theological conversations have been a part of this group that has gotten together each week for over a year now. Consequently, Eileen and I decided to create a blog together. In order to better understand the Bible, this blog allows us to share our personal stories where we apply the gems in the ancient scriptures to everyday life events. Thanks for joining us!

No comments:

Post a Comment