Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Preparing for His Coming


 

I love the Message version of the first part of the passage we looked at Sunday:

 

42 1-4 “Take a good look at my servant.
    I’m backing him to the hilt.
He’s the one I chose,
    and I couldn’t be more pleased with him.
I’ve bathed him with my Spirit, my life.
    He’ll set everything right among the nations.
He won’t call attention to what he does
    with loud speeches or gaudy parades.
He won’t brush aside the bruised and the hurt
    and he won’t disregard the small and insignificant,
    but he’ll steadily and firmly set things right.
He won’t tire out and quit. He won’t be stopped
    until he’s finished his work—to set things right on earth.
Far-flung ocean islands
    wait expectantly for his teaching.

 

In Christ’s first coming He showed what true righteousness looked like. What a message  for us to follow. We don’t have to call attention to what we do or say. We just quietly tend to those who are in need. We are to persevere  in our task knowing that each day we are working for justice. In following this servant’s role,  we are participating together with other believers to help prepare the world for the  second coming of our Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment